Hi everybody! It has been a while since I last did a proper baking post … but finally I decided give my self a sweet baking treat yesterday… and came up with a must for all season.. ahahaha… yep Nutella!
If you want to try for yourself let me tell you that among all cupcakes these are the one with better success in terms of taste… cause who does not like Nutella! right?? …however I am sure I do 🙂
For the cupcakes base:
100g self raising flour
25g cocoa powder
125g caster sugar
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
140g unsalted butter, soft
2 large free-range eggs
1.5 tbs whole milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
For the buttercream:
100g unsalted butter, soft
180 g icing sugar, sifted
3-4 tbsp whole milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 170ºC
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Put all of your ingredients into a large bowl start with dry ingredients first (self-raising flour, cocoa, sugar and baking powder, butter and eggs) and mix until fully combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases (I used an ice-cream scoop).
- Pop them into the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, let them cool down.
- Meanwhile mix together soften butter, with 150 g of Nutella, mix everything until its combined and smooth and than add icing sugar, and the milk to soften the texture.
- Now you can start icing with a piping bag ( Where it is perfectly ok add extra Nutella at the sides … yep you can bet I did!) or just scoop on the cream with the old fashion spatula… they gonna be amazing anyway!;)
Let me know if you try them cause they are insanely good… and trust me if I did this recipe it’s definetely everyone cup of tea!!